Headteacher required at Abbey Hulton Primary School, Stoke-on-Trent, ST2 8BS
- Leadership Pay scale 13 to 19 – £55,202 to £63,975
- Job starts September 2021
An exciting opportunity to lead a well-established Primary School.
Our substantive Headteacher will be retiring in August 2021. Our new Headteacher will become part of a very hardworking and talented team who are proud of their school and believe in the potential of every child who attends. Our school ethos is one of inclusion, respect and high aspiration for all. We have a very strong nurturing ethos, with staff and pupil well-being the key to learning and success.
Our expectations of pupil behaviour and attitudes are high and pupils are encouraged to develop a growth mindset as part of their learning and experience in our school.
We are fully committed to ensuring that our school community develops life-long and successful learners. Our very strong SEND department and caring ethos strongly supports our school motto of: ‘Hand in hand we learn’. We are a one form entry Primary Academy in the City of Stoke-on-Trent, where the children from Nursery up to Year 6 are taught in single aged classes, with a clear focus on meeting the needs of all pupils and closing the progress and attainment gap for all groups of pupils.
- be a creative, reflective and inspirational leader who has children’s learning and emotional well-being at the heart of every decision
- have the skills to lead, value, develop and manage a highly effective team with enthusiasm and respect
- maintain high levels of behaviour and respect for others
- continue our culture of high expectations of attainment and progress, initially focusing on improving the development of progression in the core and non-core curriculum
- be committed to providing a broad and balanced curriculum that stimulates a love of learning, encourages the development of individual talents, makes links to the world of work and introduces pupils to local, national and global issues
- be approachable, building excellent relationships with children, staff, parents, governors and the wider community and engaging with the interests and needs of local families
- promote extra-curricular provision and enrichment activities, including the development of the school grounds, and champion the long-term sustainability of the school.
We will offer you:
- a school which is a member of the Orchard Community Trust MAT with lots of exciting opportunities to develop as part of the MAT of 7 local schools in Stoke-on-Trent
- a welcoming, inclusive environment where children develop a love of learning and respect for each other and the natural world
- hard working, inquisitive and well-mannered learners who are supported in their education by their families
- an enthusiastic, dedicated and collaborative teaching team which aim to secure another good judgement from the schools next OfSTED inspection
- a supportive and forward-thinking governing body
- a very well cared for school with a strong business and admin team
- Outdoor school grounds to support learning and activity
Please see the Headteacher recruitment pack for more information.
You will be offered a comprehensive induction and support package by the Trust.
The school is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare and safety of children and young people and expects all staff to share this commitment. You will be appointed subject to an Enhanced DBS check, appropriate qualifications and professional references.
If you feel that you have the necessary attributes and are enthusiastic about joining us, then we encourage you to book a virtual tour of the school to see the staff and children at work. Please contact the school office to arrange this on: 01782 235551
Application form and pack available by emailing: email@example.com
|Closing Date:||November 27, 2020|
|Shortlisting:||December 1, 2020|
|Interview Date:||December 7, 2020|